As a book club lead, book reviewer and all-round bookworm, I’ve produced a whole range of content on bookish things.
Here are highlights from my books portfolio:
- Women’s Prize for Fiction: Six books to read this summer
- Book launch: Superfood to Superhealth
- Northern Bookshelf: Book and Brew reading group
- Book Social: I’d rather be at book club
- Read Regional book review: The Lost Art of Sinking by Naomi Booth
- Read Regional event review: Gulwali Passarlay at Newcastle City Library
- Read Regional interview with Phaedra Patrick
- Berwick Literary Festival 2016: my festival blog
- Literary prizes: are they for readers or for writers?
- The Reading Lists: books are a treasure trove of imagination
- Book Machine: a long-term approach to working with book bloggers
Book and Brew book club
I set up the Book and Brew book club in 2015. The group of ten avid readers meets monthly to discuss a wide range of contemporary and classic fiction. I’ve established a great relationship with the Reading Agency and delivered some fantastic projects with the book club, including shadow judging the Women’s Prize for Fiction and Man Booker Prize in 2016 plus the Man Booker International in 2017 and 2019. We are also official reviewers for the Reading Women campaign, celebrating 25 years of the Women’s Prize for Fiction.
And, we starred in the BBC Radio 2 Book Club on 4 February 2019 when we reviewed Girl with Pearl Earring and I chatted about the book with Jo Whiley and Tracy Chevalier herself. Listen to the book chat here. (Jo got my name and location wrong but I won’t hold that against her!)
Luxe magazine book column
I’m the book columnist for Luxe magazine. Every edition, I write three book reviews – fiction, non-fiction and lifestyle – and showcase some of the best literary events in the North East. You can catch up with my column in the printed magazine or online below:
I’m a professional reader for NetGalley, a service used by publishers to get advanced reviews from readers while books are being edited and their marketing campaigns are being developed. I’ve reviewed more than 100 books for a variety of publishers and have earned my top reviewer badge.